Sunday, July 1, 2012

Why start this blog?

Where to even begin with this blog? I guess the place to start is to explain what made me start it. I thought about writing this after The Love Dare came out (http://thelovedarebook.com/). Yes, it's taken me this long to listen and actually do it! Better late than never? Hopefully! It's great that there's something like this to help marriages, but what about encouraging Christian singles? Have you ever heard a sermon series on singleness? Or even a sermon or two about dealing with singleness in a series on marriage? Rather than complaining endlessly that there's nothing "out there" to encourage Christian singles (and even singles who are looking for encouragement and don't know Christ yet), maybe I need to be the one to study His Word and write it! Maybe in my writing, I will not only encourage others, but myself! It is my hope and prayer that this will encourage especially those of you who are single to grow deeper in your walk with Jesus Christ. May you and I come to truly know Him as our First Love. Next up will be a blog on my own personal journey before jumping into other things...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend!

    The people I live with listen to Focus on the Family (and that whole radio station) all the time. And literally just the other day, a single guy made the comment that what he hears from Pastors all the time is that its better to just stay single. He said that all sermons he hears are about singleness, rather than marriage and how to find a good spouse. And I thought, huh, that is interesting... Because I don't think I've heard a sermon about it, one way or the other. All that to say, I look forward to reading your thoughts on this. :)

    Tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend! Wow, I'm shocked. Ha ha I wonder where he hears these! Though I don't know that it would help to hear sermons encouraging staying single...but HOW to be single WELL. If that makes sense?

    Tomato!

    ReplyDelete