Monday, August 6, 2012

Sarcasm and deep pain...

Have you ever noticed that sometimes sarcasm comes from the places of our deepest pain? This is something I noticed after something I thought today. I am often sarcastic about blaming either Adam or Eve (as in Genesis), depending on how I'm feeling, for the monthly "gift" us ladies get to deal with until...the next gift we get to deal with? Translation: I blame at least one of them every month for the things I deal with when I get my period. So, today, I wrote a letter to Eve (only in my head, so does that even count as writing?). Basically I said something like: "Dear Eve, Is there a return policy on this monthly gift? I mean, really, I get to deal with the pain and all the physical symptoms, but here I am 30 and single and I have yet to even have a child?! You know how much I love children...so what the hell. SERIOUSLY NOT FAIR." Anyone who has known me for more than two seconds probably knows how much I LOVE children...always have. So, here I sit, single and without children of my own... What gives?! Then I read Isaiah 54:1/Galatians 4:27 ~ "'Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,' says the LORD." I am always REALLY grateful for the people who HAVE children that let me "borrow" them...that let me somehow be a part of their children's lives. That fills the hole somehow...except that I don't get to keep them! The relationships I have with these children is awesome...but I feel like it's just "different" than if that child was mine. I suppose in some way it might feel the same as adopting a child...but still even different from THAT. I suppose there's not even a "conclusion" to this entry...this is just the place of hurt that was hidden by sarcasm today and maybe some of you reading this understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment